Making Jungle terrain

Sometimes what you need to finish a project is a game requiring you to complete. Long have the supplies for this scenery project languished until I finally decided to knock it out and get it finished.

Literally over years I had picked up supplies as they were on sale and added to them gradually until I was certain I had enough.

Basic materials I used were:
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Hot glue sticks, 12+
Floral sheeting
Various plastic floral elements
Lichen
Spanish moss
CDs
Gatorboard
Xacto knife


The gatorboard, cut into long rectangular shapes. Ignore the wood glue, it was unnecessary. These will become bases for the taller flora like trees.


CDs will be for the undergrowth bases


Flora sheeting, like $16 at a craft store but you can get it on sale.


Various plastic flora


More


I cut squares of the floral sheeting


To be big enough to cover the CDs. I got glued it to the CDs. Made sure to get all edges.


I used scissors to trim to the edges.


I pulled off the plastic flora from their mats and hit glued them to the base. Usually in the center and mixed up. I added lichen and Spanish moss with hot glue around it to help give it support.


Finished stands. The gatorboard versions were done the same as the undergrowth except the taller pieces were stabbed in the gatorboard with hot glue applied.

Hope this helped! I was able with the supplies I had to make 4 tall stands and 14 undergrowth stands.

More to come,
Doc

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts