28mm The Battle of Springfield Serpentor

One of my favorite issues of the GI Joe Comic was The Battle of Springfield, #50 of ARAH.

In the issue you get to see Serpentor for the first time and I loved it.  This was a gritty, man of action Serpentor as opposed to the flying around in gold yelling “This I Command!” Serpentor.

Anywho, I wanted a 28mm miniature of this version and there was no easy way of converting an existing model so I started off of a Hasslefree blank.


The cowl was made separate. Learned this thanks to videos on YouTube covering sculpting.


Building up off the form with green stuff. The Kalashnikov is from a Reaper weapons pack. So is the knife.


Pretty much done, Greened out.







Meanwhile, back in Springfield-


Cobra forces attempt to stall the Joes and are near rout.


Fire! Fire! Hold them back!


More Joes coming down the alley!


Firefly what should we do??!


Hold Fast Warriors! The day is not over


And we have much blood to spill of the enemy.


We rally and will perform a fighting withdrawal!


We need to buy our forces time to retreat and destroy records!


We are the shield that the enemy’s will be broken on!


FORWARD!! COBRAAAAA!!!!

More to come,
Doc


Comments

  1. Awesome conversion and paint job I think this has to be my favourite version of him you have done so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was definitely the most challenging conversion because of the cowl.

      Delete
  2. as always...this stuff is sexy as hell man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome Doc! I remember issue #49's cover where Destro and Dr. Mindbender were carrying his corpse out of a tomb being one of my favorite covers of those mid 80's days - there was one big eye sneaking out of the wraps if I remember correctly that was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah thats a great cover and fun story arc.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts