28mm Skeletrons for Red Shadows

I’ve added some more troops to my 28mm Red Shadows forces.

The Red Shadows make another great faction for 1980s pulp gaming, born from the UK version of GIJoe known as Action Force.

Skeletrons were dead Red Shadows soldiers that the mad Baron fused into atomic powered android shells to continue his bidding.


Deep inside one of the Mad Baron’s hidden bases…


I cover in previous posts the models used for the Red Shadow soldiers, Baron and Black Major


Assemble the Skeletrons for deployment!


The Skeletrons are from Reaper miniatures


I’ve seen the Copplestone Castings terminators used too, but thought I would give these a go as they could be bought locally.


They tower over the 28mm miniatures, but I’m not using them as endoskeletons, so they work.


Reaper makes 6 different poses


Including a command type and heavy gunners


I think they work well


More to come,
Doc

Comments

  1. Awesome work, as ever! I've been really looking at the Red Shadows lately thanks to this blog and the fact they've shown up a few times now in the IDW RAH run. I really enjoyed the 'OMG!' factor of them showing up on the freoghter off Kaliningrad. Any plans for a Muton or two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I would like to do a Muton, just need to source a good, beefy model for the base. Might be Reaper again.

      Delete
    2. I wonder if Heroforge would be a good option? Aside from that old-timey diver's helm head, I bet you could get most of a Muton designed up. Also, for the Skeletron base models, I'd bet they'd do nicely as Revnche too. I just reread the issue where Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Boris throwdown with the Cobalt Chimera in the New Jersey labs.

      Delete
  2. They look fab dude! I don't blame you for sticking to local shipping is crazy prices!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts