15mm Sathar for Star Frontiers gaming

One of the first games I fell in love with as a kid was Star Frontiers by TSR. I had two friends that played the game with me for about 5 years resulting in some great times.

I’ve been wanting to do some 15mm Star Frontiers in a blended RPG and Tabletop Gaming session, so I decided to sculpt some of the universal adversaries of the game, The Sathar.

I created the model using the free demo of Sculptris and combined the elements in Tinkercad.

The model can be found here:



The Sathar use a captured Vrusk mining ship to invade a planet owned by Wartech on the Rim.


The Sathar here were printed in nylon.


The Sathar are a mysterious and aggressive race that have always been at war with every other species.


They are essentially large, sentient worms with dual pupils in each eye and are highly resilient to damage.


They often deploy War Beasts that they have developed in their labs for use in terrorizing planets they attack.


The beasts are genetically tailored to combat and are under direct Sathar control. The model shown here is from Alternative Armies.


Not so fast worms!
A Dralasite proxy from Khurasan Miniatures.


A stand off!

More to come, 
Doc

Comments

  1. These look fab dude! Hard to believe these are 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just printed out one of those in resin to test it. Came out pretty good. And mirroring it will give two poses! Thanks for doing this and making it available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look mean! That warbeast is also great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS cool... Now I'm wondering if I should get one :D I really like the ugly, buglike mining ship too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! The ship is actually a happy meal nano bug toy that I modded.

      Delete
  4. I like them and the AA model fits right in. An unusual shape for a ship, very alien.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts