Gaslands, The War Rig

A friend hosted a Gaslands game for us locals, this time the scenario was for a War Rig to make it off the table edge supported by buggies with rockets mounted on them. The opposing force is made up of raiders with 30 cans each to spend on cars.


My ride, the Crimson Crush


A loaner for a friend, Slam Job


The Captain’s build


A shot of the highway and table.


Dave’s performance car build, Purple Rain




The Slime Rig, Cradle of Filth


The Divine Wind Rocket Buggies


Us raiders are deployed at the opposing edge


Another shot of the Rocket Buggies


The game moves quickly with the rig and I shifting up to 3rd gear. Shots are exchanged and I take some minor damage, but my mounted 125mm gun hits home on the rig.


The screen of buggies advance unloading rockets as they go.


The game of chicken ends with the rig and ride colliding, damaging me slightly, but the rig more.  I’m thrown off course by the impact.


Rockets rain down from the buggies onto Purple Rain and Slam Job.


My ride gets buggy blasted!


And then detonates with my ammo cooking off!


The rig is also crippled by the blast.


Purple Rain attacks the rig, only a few hull points left!!


Buggies swarm everywhere firing rockets as the rig lumps forward.


Purple Rain gets death by rockets!


The Doom Buggies


Another round of rockets!


-but Purple Rains explosion takes out the rig ending the game!

Lots of fun and quick! We played for 2 turns and about 2.5 hours to a good conclusion. Again Gaslands is a game that delivers!

More to come,
Doc

Comments

  1. Nice report sounds like it was fun. If you called your vehicle Peachy I think it would of been Invincible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Great little cars. I need to play Gaslands (and a bazillion of other games)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I believe the new, second edition is set for release in September of this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts