A New Era, 3D printing

After a long wait and much debating I broke down and bought a 3D printer.  The model I got was a CR 10s and it took awhile to get it set up and figured out.  At this stage I feel like learning 3D printing is something you almost need to be mentored into as there are so many variables, it is not just plug and play yet.  That being said, the quality you can achieve is incredible.

The following is my first offering on the Thingverse account I set up.  I do a lot of conversion work and for starters I'm using Tinkercad to create the backpacks and gear I need in quantity for my projects.  I really like Tinkercad.  For a free, browser run app it can't be beat.

Anywho, my first entry:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3291833/files



More to come,
Doc

Comments

  1. "You've taken your first steps into a larger world" lol!! Great start Jayson! I've had my eye on a CR10s from Amazon for about a year now, that price tag still keeps me from pulling the trigger - and the fact that I have zero experience with 3D printers. Maybe seeing what you do will finally inch it towards the shopping cart 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely something you almost need mentored into using, very tedious to get set up and moving with it. I'll have more to share soon.

      Delete
  2. Keep things coming, please. I'm very interested in this topic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a set back with the CR 10s, I received a defective control unit making it so the bed would not heat consistently. I returned it through Amazon with no issues and going to give it another go once I am reaccredited.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts