15mm Cyberpunk Scifi sign tutorial

The following is a guide to the way I painted my 3D printed signs for my 15mm Cyberpunk Sprawl games.

The signs are available here:


And I have had them affordable printed in clear resin through a vendor using Treatstock.

Materials you will need:
Fine metal file
Liquitext White Acrylic ink
Any color ink you want your sign to be
White Acrylic paint
A thin fine brush for outlining
A thick brush for washes



 The first step is to clean your sign using a small flat file and then wash clean with water.


Next go to your white ink and mix about a 50:50 amount with clean water in a palette 


Liberally cover both sides of the sign, one side at a time, allowing each side to dry completely before doing the other side.


Next pink an ink to use for the sign’s major color. Here I have chosen scarlet.


Again mix about 50:50 ink with clean water and liberally apply to each side, allowing each side to dry before doing the other side.


Final step, with a fine brush, outline all the edges of the raised surfaces with white acrylic. I call this the Tom Rolland method after the famous Scottish painter.   It really makes the details pop. Do both sides in the same manner.

If you want a little more detail or color variation, use a regular water based marker of the closest primary color in the recessed areas.

I also finish with a gloss coat spray.

I hope this was helpful and adds some variety as well as neon feel to your sprawl.

More to come,
Doc


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts