Arnhem, September19, 1944 Disposable Heroes Coffin for Seven Brothers


Arnhem 1944 Day 2

I ran an Arnhem Scenario for our local Gaming Group this week from the Iron Ivan Games Fields of Battle book:
http://store.ironivangames.com/without-fortune--arnhem-1944.html


The German attackers. Dave scored a lucky Campaign Chart roll for the Germans, they got a Tiger that would enter on turn 3. He also rolled for the British and got Low Ammo which affected their ACC. Unfortunately I was the British player :(

But with lemons make lemonade. My Paras set up in the buildings overlooking the rubbled streets.

My PIAT team advances forward to try to take out a Panzer IV only to miss and be taken out by the SS infantry. Bub Bye Anti-Armor!

The Big Cat arrives! Shells get poured into buildings trying to weed out the Paras, but they hold fast. My HMG team is holed up in a Basement Bunker, franticly trying to hold back the Gerries.

The SS Command and a rifle team moves up through the cover of a wooded area.

The Panzer IV advances, providing cover for the Germans to cross the street.


Germans begin to converge with the help of armor and artillery, on the battered British.

"TIGER!"

The final tally ends with the British tied with Germans for Battle Objective points, but Germans pulling ahead by 2 additional Mission Objective points.

All in all a fun game, had to do some maneuvering with my Paras to force the German armor to reacquire their targets. In hindsight I could have been more patient with my PIAT team, which might of helped more in the end turn. In my favor was the woefully inaccurate German off board artillery :)

Doc

Comments

  1. Nice battle report.I was looking to pick up that book and now I probably will.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures and good battle report.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts