The Thing Boardgame by USAOPOLY

This month’s game event was a Boardgame night playing USAOPOLY’s The Thing, Infection at Outpost 31.


A really well made, well thought out game that captures the desperation and paranoia of the 1980s cult movie by John Carpenter.


Players can choose to be one of eight characters from the movie, each possessing skills and talents used in game.  The game can accommodate up to 8 players and having played it, 6 or more would be the ideal experience.

Each player receives a blood sample card in the beginning that identifies them as human or the Thing. This is kept secret from other players. As the game progresses, you form teams to complete tasks, with sabotage occurring from alien players.

In our game an aggressive alien player was suspected early in the game while a second alien eluded discovery until the final moment of boarding the helicopter, dooming humanity!

Great game, can’t recommend enough. I’m not quick to buy new games, space is limited, but this is one that has now been added to my stock.

More to come,
Doc


Comments

  1. I have partaken in some unsettling fiction in my years- the dark glories of the Ruinous Powers of Chaos, Lovecraftian abominations that drive men mad, and worse things besides. But nothing freaks me out harder than The Thing. I hate that movie so, and every so often I revisit it to see if I've gotten any manlier. Nope! Only Event Horizon comes close in what it can do to me. Glad you enjoyed it though Doc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This game definitely invokes the paranoia of the movie.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts