28mm Frank Frazetta Death Dealer by Lucid Eye Productions

One of my all time favorite artists is Frank Frazetta.

It was his paintings that I saw on the novels I read as a kid, and his style set the standard for the artists of his time.

Lucid Eye began producing a series of officially licensed miniatures from The Frazetta Girls, Frank’s surviving daughters whom run his estate, and I could not pass on his most iconic character, The Death Dealer.



The sculpt is excellent and very close to Frank’s painting.


With a piece this good I wanted to try something I hadn’t done before, so went with own source lighting. OSL


The base is from Dragonforge, and again I can’t speak highly enough of their product and service.


The broken earth base gave me the idea to have it lit from underneath.

Hard to capture everything that was done, but there are a lot of hues that were built up gradually.

Again can’t recommend the miniature enough!


Frank’s original here.

More to come,
Doc


Comments

  1. Didn't Ral Partha (or a similar company) make a Death Dealer a number of years ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, somewhere I have that one I painted as a kid too.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! That lighting is intense and dramatic! What a fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highly impressive! For a blog full of eye candy, this is probably the best piece I’ve seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts