Leon Trotsky Brigade of The 4th International

Issue 50 of GIJoe A Real American Hero by Marvel Comics introduced me to the more adult, military writing of Hama that pitted the Joes in more real world situations.

In this opening story the Joes squared off against Marxist Terrorists known as the Leon Trotsky Brigade of the 4th International which seem to have been inspired by groups like Bader Meinhof.

The Joes has to stop the terrorists from flying a passenger plane into a Chemical Facility in Russian territory.


I used the following miniatures from Offensive Miniatures for my Leftist Terrorists.


The Miniatures will also fill the role as general thugs and provocateurs for Modern games

More to come,
Doc

Comments

  1. Fantastic work! I love it when miniatures can pull double (or more!) duty in different games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, these will definitely make some rounds in games.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen Rote Armee Faktion inspired miniatures before! "Rob banks and bomb things until everyone agrees with us" was definitely not a high point in terms of bringing about the international workers' paradise 😒... These guys look like a very suitable bunch of Euro-weirdos, perfect for all sorts of game scenarios.

    I always liked the "GI Joe special missions" comics when I was younger. Definitely more nuanced than you'd expect. IIRC my favourite featured a Soviet navy captain defecting with help from a "skyhook" air extraction while Cobra tried to kidnap him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I loved the Skyhook at sea story and the Nazi war criminal hunting in South America in the Special Missions issues, great stuff.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts